I love the warmth and comfort of sipping a mug of hot chocolate in the winter but with its high sugar content (and sometimes fat too!) a small cup can add a few hundred extra calories into your day!! Instead of going without, I created my own healthy version that is low in calories but full of chocolately awesomeness. This recipe will curb your chocolate craving without derailing your fitness plan!
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaping Tbsp of dark cocoa powder
- 2-4 packets of Stevia (or Splenda if you prefer)
- Mix cocoa and sweetener together in a mug with about 1-2 Tbsp of almond milk until mixed well
- Add the rest of the almond milk to the mixture and stir
- Heat in the microwave for 1:30 min, or until it is the temperature you like it
- Stir again and enjoy!
*Adjust the sweetness of the mixture using more sweetener to increase or more almond milk to decrease 😀