These are quick and the seasonings can be tailored to blend with whatever you’ll be serving them with. Try fennel and red pepper with Italian or Indian food. The thicker you roll them out, the more like biscuits they will be. For a crispier texture, roll thinner and bake a little longer.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated imported parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon seeds of chia seeds, poppy seeds, or ground walnuts
- Mix the flour and salt then work the coconut oil in with your fingers or a pastry cutter until small crumbs are formed.
- Add the mustard, cheeses and eggs and work the dough until it forms a ball. Wrap and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
- Take a walnut size piece of dough in your palm and flatted, put on a work surface and gently roll with a rolling pin to desired thickness (the thicker the crackers the more like biscuits – the thinner, more crispy).
- Sprinkle with salt and seeds, press with rolling pin or your palm and transfer with a spatula to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Serve within a day or store in an airtight container.