Nutritional Awesomeness: Pecans are high in monounsaturated fat, magnesium, phosphorusm, potassium, folate, and calcium. Cinnamon has ant-inflammatory properties and can help control your blood sugar. Chili powder and cayenne add some kick and have a slight thermogenic (fat burning) effect. Bonus: it also makes your kitchen smell delicious!
~Makes 6 cups~
- 6 cups raw, whole pecans
- 3 egg whites
- 5 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, briefly whisk egg whites and then whisk in the agave nectar.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cinnamon, sea salt, and cayenne.
- Add pecans to the egg/agave mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle spice mix over pecans and then toss well to evenly coat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer coated pecans to your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, using a spatula halfway through to stir pecans.
- Pecans are done when browned and the coating is dry.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes. These are great served warm or when cool.
- Enjoy in 1 oz servings