This is a super easy recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth while giving you lots of healthy nutrients. All you need is a banana, a small can of pineapple chunks (in juice, not syrup), 1/2 cup of almond and a blender.
4-6 hours before you want to eat ice cream:
- Peel a banana. Wrap it in saran wrap. Stick it in the freezer.
- Open your can of pineapple, drain juice (can save it for a post-workout protein shake if desired). Spread pineapple out on a baking sheet (so they don’t stick together) and stick that in the freezer too.
Fast-forward 4-6 hours:
- Pour 1/2 cup of almond milk into your clean blender.
- Take frozen banana and pineapple out of freezer and add to blender.
- Blend on the highest setting until smooth. You may have to stop and stir it with a spoon occasionally or add a little bit of extra almond milk (1 Tbsp at a time!), depending on the powerfulness of your blender.
- Pour into bowls and serve immediately!
For extra protein, you can add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to your almond milk and blend that FIRST, before adding in the fruit.