This week I’m sharing a vegetarian breakfast recipe that includes farm fresh free-run eggs and Greek yogurt. It was super easy to make and super delicious! A lovely treat after my shoulder and spin workout yesterday morning. Enjoy!
- 2 fresh eggs (free-run = happy chickens)
- 2 slices of sprouted grain bread (I like Ezekial brand)
- 1 small organic apple from a local farm
- 2 Tbsp )% fat Greek yogurt (Liberte brand)
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- drizzle of honey
1. Crack open the eggs into a wide bowl. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat with a fork until mixture is homogeneous.
2. Add olive oil to a frying pan and heat on medium.
3. Dunk bread slices one at a time into the egg mixture and let it soak in a little on both sides (bread should be completely coated).
4. Add to pan and cook until light brown on each side.
5. Chop apple.
6. “Plate” the dish by putting the french toast on a plate and topping with Greek yogurt and the chopped apple. Finish off by drizzling a little honey on top.