Upon special reader request, here is a delicious recipe for tuna 🙂 Since I haven’t been eating much animal protein lately, I pulled it out of my recipe archives. It’s an oldie but a goodie! Sorry there’s no picture for this one but I promise it won’t affect the taste!
Ready in 15 minutes
Makes 1 serving
• 1 medium sweet red bell pepper
• 1 3-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
• 1 small green onion, sliced (reserve a few slices for garnish, if desired)
• 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
• 1 tablespoon chopped celery or water chestnuts
• 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
• 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
• Salt, to taste
1. Remove stem from red bell pepper and slice in half, lengthwise. Set aside half for another use.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, green onion, cooked brown rice and celery or water chestnuts.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Spoon tuna mixture into the pepper shell and garnish with reserved green onion slices.
4. Serve slices of the red pepper with the tuna filling.