Brownies are the perfect place to hide black beans. Lately I have been making these quite a lot because they are such an easy snack that my son and I both like. I like to have them as a pre-workout snack in the late afternoon.
- 2 cups black beans (soaked and cooked or from a can)
- 2 cups egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
Mason Jar/Blender Method*:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place black beans and 1.5 cups of egg whites in a large mason jar. Blend until smooth and then pour the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Place bananas, honey, remaining egg whites and 2 eggs in the large mason jar. Blend until smooth and then pour the mixture into the mixing bowl. Stir all of the liquid together.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, cocoa until mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour into either a)silicon muffin pans or b) a greased baking dish
- Bake for 20-35min depending on what you put it in. Small muffin cups will take about 20 min while large muffin cups or large pan will take about 35min. Test center with a butter knife or a toothpick – when it comes out clean (no goopy batter) then it is done.
- Cool 10 min before removing from pan. Enjoy!
*You can also use a food processor or a potato masher to mush up the beans and bananas together and then add the remaining wet ingredients together.