This is my absolute favourite way to make pancakes! It is super easy and the cleanup is minimal (I really don’t like doing dishes so I try to use as few as possible). My pancake recipe is high in protein and complex carbs – perfect fuel to start your day. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Yield: Makes 6-8 pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- dab of coconut oil (for the pan)
- Optional: 1/2 cup blueberries
- Heat a medium to large pan on the stove on medium heat
- Put everything in a big mason jar (except blueberries – add these AFTER blending everything and just stir them into the batter)
- Screw on the top of the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add in blueberries and stir (skip this step if not using blueberries)
- Add a dab of coconut oil to the pan and spread it evenly with a spatula
- Pour batter into pan and cook pancakes 3-5min/side until done.
Tip: Use a wide-mouth canning funnel to make it easy to get everything into the mason jar. Also really awesome for little helpers who sometimes are a little bit messy!